With the theme “Achieving National Economic Recovery and Growth – The Role of Information and Communications Technology”, this year’s TiG Summit has been designed to serve as the “Opportunity Platform” for ICT professionals and other identified stakeholders to distill the role of ICT in achieving and driving the Economic Recovery and Growth Plan (ERGP) Agenda of the President Muhammadu Buhari (GCFR) led administration.
Scheduled to hold from the 13TH – 15TH of December 2017, the Technology in Government Summit and Exhibitions is a strategic intervention created to bring together high level, public sector focused audience, stakeholders alongside market leaders in ICT and emerging digital (disruptive) transformational technologies.
The flagship Annual Summit which has been designed to bridge the knowledge gap, by creating the opportunity for the public sector MDAs to collaborate, leverage knowledge and foster innovation, is an initiative of the Nigeria Information Technology Professionals in the Civil and Public Service (NITPCS); an interest group of the Nigeria Computer Society and an umbrella body of all IT professionals across government – Federal, State and Local governments in Nigeria.
The three-day event which is set to hold at the Crystal Palace Hotels (The Exclusive Haven) Abuja, includes a high level half day thought leadership presentations and a full two-day series of technical training and workshops focused on enhancing IT knowledge, skill and competence of public sector IT professionals. The Summit offers value across the whole spectrum of the public sector and job titles within the Policy, Technology, Digital, Security and Communications Space.
The Summit which is endorsed by Nigeria Computer Society (NCS) and Computer Professional Registration Council of Nigeria and powered by Debbie Mishael Group will also feature:
Plenary sessions on:
- Cyber Security threats and mitigation in the public Sector
- Harnessing Indigenous Technology Innovation for national growth.
- e-government: Fundamentals, Challenges & Strategies for Federal, State and Local Government Operations.
- Beyond the Surface: IT Professionals Designations in the Public Sector
Technical Training and Workshops:
- Protecting Public Sector IT Assets: Information and Cyber Security hands on Workshop
- Designing and implementing Data Base Systems
- Network Infrastructure design and implementation
- Cloud Services design and Implementation for Public Sector
- e – government portal design and implementation
- Understanding advanced Excel application
Expected attendance includes: Government ICT Leaders, Directors and Heads of ICT Department/Unit, Chief Information Officers (CIOs), ICT Managers, All ICT support professionals and officers, Critical IT users (in Accounts, Audits, Procurement, Press & Protocol, Data Processing Officers, Planning & Research officers) in Federal, State and Local Government and ICT Solution Providers/ Stakeholders.
For more inquiries on how to leverage the opportunity of this event email: [email protected] or call +23480530754278, kindly visit www.techingovt.org.ng or follow @techingovtng on twitter for updates. #TIG2017_Summit